In order to realize its vision, Sama seeks to:
- Identify emerging issues and building recognition of priorities related to health of women, young girls and marginalized in collaboration with community based organisations and networks
- Build evidence on the impact of existing policies and programs on the core health concerns of the poor and marginalized in order to influence the existing discourse and practices
- Engage with health systems to develop leadership, operational capacity and mechanisms for improved design, delivery and monitoring of quality, accessible, health care services, with pro-active people’s involvement.
- Provide adolescent girls with a variety of opportunities for creative self-expression to enhance their self-confidence, and build a positive self-image as women.
- Sensitize men towards women’s issues and motivate them to bring about changes in the unequal relationships and exploitative arrangements in the family and society.
- Acknowledge the collective experience and existing knowledge of women and traditional healers, traditional birth attendants and integrate these in local health practices.
- Undertake advocacy initiatives for health issues to create public awareness and network with organizations and coalitions to build consensus and inform policies.
- Strengthen civil society for evidence-based advocacy through capacity building, networking and information sharing in order to increase state and social accountability and influence effective policy implementation and regulation.
- Provide platform for discussing emerging issues, devising strategies and planning interventions to help address issues at local, regional, national and international levels